We missed the hype of Superbowl Sunday, but with my best friend recently returning for a holiday to New York we decided to embrace the American theme and have a belated celebration instead!
With a recording of the game ready to go, the guys got in the Buds (I had Crabbies, my favourite gluten free tipple!) and we decided there was only one thing for it – we needed chilli nachos. But PT Steve had the brilliant idea of making our own rather than the usual bag of Cool Original Doritos we would normally opt for. Commence Operation Gluten Free Nachos.
The idea was simple but brilliant – and can be made both gluten free or ‘normally’. Because we decided to make our tortilla chips from wraps. And luckily, Newburn Bakehouse’s wraps were the perfect option! Because they are quite pricey, I got my own version which Steve carefully prepped separately from the rest to ensure no contamination.
- Pre heat the oven to 200′C and brush a baking tray with a little oil (we used olive oil)
- Brush either side of the wrap with oil and cut into triangles
- Bake for nine minutes – though make sure you keep and eye on them because when they burn they do it very suddenly!
- Remove from the oven and stack on a plate.
- Top with some of my smoky chilli (recipe here), grated cheese, guacamole and sour cream
- Devour while cheering insanely at a game of American football (of which you have no clue how it works)
Thank you Steve for making these! It’s great when you can find a different meal to make using a product and the great things about these wraps is they are so versatile! How do you cook yours?