For tea tonight I was feeling lazy and decided to make pasta! It was so simple but so good! My mum always made me a similar dish but this is my variation on it, so I will definitely give her credit for this one! So here is the recipe:
Mum’s Sausage Meat Pasta (serves 1)
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
1/2 red onion (chopped)
handful of feta cheese
100g per person of gluten free pasta
2 gluten free sausages (I used Black Farmer ones)
- Boil a saucepan of water and add the pasta.
- Remove the sausage meat from the skin and chop roughly.
- Fry the onion and the sausage meat in a pan until the meat is brown.
- Add the tomatoes and the fresh basil. Stir and add salt and pepper to season
- Simmer gently until the pasta is cooked.
- Add the feta and then stir in the pasta. Bring back up to heat and then serve!
A quick yummy dish that can cater for one or many – perfect for when you want some good quality, healthy comfort food!