Party season is well and truly in full swing – and what better way to celebrate than with some gluten free party food? I’ve been working on some new recipes after LOTS of requests for party food, and I’m kicking things off with my gluten and dairy free turkey and cranberry parcels! Little gluten free puff pastry parcels with a turkey, stuffing and cranberry centre. Be warned – they’re very moreish!
Want to get straight to it? Skip to the recipe.
I get asked a lot about party food which is both gluten and dairy free. I’m lucky in that I can eat dairy – especially when a lot of party food at Christmas tends to be based around cheese! However, I wanted to make some of my party food recipes accessible to all! And these gluten free turkey and cranberry parcels are so delicious, your guests won’t even realise they’re eating gluten free food!
Perfect gluten and dairy free party food
So what are my gluten free turkey and cranberry parcels? For starters, you need some ready roll gluten free puff pastry – I use the Jusrol gluten free pastry as it’s both gluten free and dairy free/vegan! You can make your own puff pastry (Naomi Devlin makes the most incredible gluten free puff pastry ever) but if you’re like me and constantly short on time and enthusiasm, this is a game-changer.
Inside the puff pastry parcels is a mixture of turkey mince, gluten free stuffing and cranberry sauce. It’s really that simple! The little parcels look super fancy but actually you just need to put the filling in a square, and then fold in and seal the corners. Simple! A few may unfold in the oven but really it doesn’t matter – they still look great when you serve them up!
Tips for making these puff pastry parcels
When making this recipe, here are a few things to remember – and some tips if you wanna add a little extra jazz to your festive platter!
- Don’t overfill the puff pastry parcels – you literally only need a small amount of filling! It may not look like loads but if you overfill them, they won’t seal or they will just explode as they puff in the oven! The flavours of the filling are quite strong so don’t worry about flavours – it’ll come through.
- Want a final decoration? Try adding some Nigella seeds or sesame seeds after egg-washing the pastry. This will add a nice little extra crunch and decoration to your parcels.
- Fancy a dip? If you want something to dunk these little treats into, try cooking 2 tbsp cranberry sauce with the juice of one orange. Once warmed, serve up in a pot for dipping. It’s beautifully festive and will taste delicious with the turkey and stuffing filling.
- Not dairy free? You could always substitute the cranberry sauce for some crumbled Stilton if you’re not a huge fan of cranberry or you can eat dairy. These are so versatile so don’t be afraid to experiment with different pairings and flavours.
My gluten free turkey and cranberry parcel recipe
Here is my gluten free turkey and cranberry parcels recipe. The perfect gluten free and dairy free party food treat! I used the Jusrol pastry and Mrs Crimbles gluten free stuffing mix – though there are a few gluten free stuffing mixes out there so feel free to experiment!
- 250 g turkey mince, (I used 7% fat thigh mince)
- 75 g gluten free sage and onion stuffing mix, (I used Mrs Crimbles)
- 2 packs Jusrol gluten free puff pastry
- 1/2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 jar cranberry sauce
- 1 egg, (beaten, for brushing)
- Preheat the oven to 200'C. Remove the Jusrol pastry from the fridge while you make the filling. Meanwhile, add the turkey mince, stuffing mix and mustard to a large mixing bowl and mix well - works best if you squish it all together with your hands!
- Unroll the puff pastry sheets and cut each bit into 15 squares by dividing the pastry 3x5. They won't be exact squares but this is ok!
- In the centre of each square, add 1 tsp of the turkey mixture. Make a small well in this and then put 1/2 tsp of cranberry sauce in the centre of each.
- Next take the corners of each square and fold them into the centre, over the filling. Gently pinch the corners together in the centre so they seal. Brush each parcel with the beaten egg and transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden. Remove from the oven and either serve hot or cool on a wire rack before serving.
Will keep for 2-3 days so can be made the night before, and freshened in the oven before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1 parcel
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Need some more gluten free recipe inspiration?
p data-slot-rendered-dynamic=”true”>Want to have a go at making some more easy gluten free snacks and party foods? Give some of these other gluten free recipes a try! There are plenty to choose from – here are a couple to get you going:
- Gluten free sausage rolls recipe
- Easy gluten free toasts – three ways
- Tear and share brie and cranberry bread recipe
If you do make this recipe please let me know! I’d love to see your photos using #theglutenfreeblogger, share them in my Facebook group or tag me on Instagram. And if you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see next! Oh – and don’t forget to sign up for my e-newsletter where you’ll know about all my latest posts and competitions first!
Like this recipe? Pin this recipe card below for later!