If you’ve got a few friends over to watch the fireworks or gather round the bonfire, you need an easy and filling snack to keep everyone smiling!
Flapjack is the perfect option for the many coeliacs that can eat oats – chewy, sweet, and so easy to make!
During our bonfire cooking session – Steve decided that he wanted flapjack and that was it – he was on a roll! So here’s the simple yet yummy recipe he made!
(Although – much to my dismay, I couldn’t eat any as I’m trying my oat detox! Good start to Day 2….)
Fantastic Firework Flapjack
125g demerara sugar
5 tablespoons golden syrup
2 tablespoons dessicated coconut
- Preheat the over to Gas Mark 4
- Melt the butter, sugar and golder syrup in a pan on a low heat, stirring well
- Once all melter, add the oats and coconut and stir until the mixture is completely coated
- Spoon the mixture into an over-proof dish and press down with the spoon
- Bake for between 15-20 minutes until the flapjack goes a golden brown.
- Cut in the tin, and allow to cool before serving – enjoy!
For extra variation – try adding mixed dried fruit, chopped apples and cinnamon, chocolate chips or mushed up bananas!!