If you used to love couscous, then this is the perfect alternative for you!
Quinoa is rich in protein, and I use it just like I used to use couscous! It’s really good for you and so easy to make!
To prepare the quinoa, rinse the grain through cold water, then put in a saucepan with twice the amount of water to grains.
Cover with a lid and boil for around 10 minutes, until the grains so slightly see through and puff out a bit – et voila, your friendly couscous alternative!
Chicken and Feta Quinoa
Diced chicken breast
- Prepare the quinoa by placing in a saucepan with twice the amount of water (i.e. one cup of quinoa to 2 cups of water) and a pinch of salt, cover and boil for ten minutes
- Meanwhile, fry the diced chicken breast in a little olive oil
- Dice finely the red onion, cherry tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and leek, and add to the pan
- Fry for a couple of minutes until chicken is cooked through
- Drain the quinoa when ready of any remaining liquid and add to the fried chicken and veg
- Cube the feta and add to the pan, stir through on a low heat for a couple of minutes, then serve hot or cold!
For an alternative or to add more flavour, try adding a little soy sauce or boil the quinoa in stock rather than just plain water.
A great snack or meal, this is high in protein so is also great if you’re exercising a lot and on a high protein diet!